Hi! I’m Slava.
My passion is for seeing adults and teenagers learning to use their emotional intelligence to overcome life’s adversities. I truly believe that every human being deserves to live a happy, fulfilling and productive life, free from suffering. Only sometimes childhood trauma, dysfunctional early relationships or unresolved inner conflicts prevent us from doing so. I help expats and people with multi-cultural background to break free from unhealthy life patterns and to make peace with the past.
In my childhood and youth I have often struggled with anxiety, with a feeling of inadequacy and with low self-esteem. So I have dedicated the last 20 years of my life to studying and understanding our emotions, the way we think and behave, the way our brains function. Over the years, I’ve gained knowledge and know-how that allow me today to help others recover from personal trauma, overcome depression and anxiety, strengthen their self-confidence and improve their relationships.
I do that by holding a space for you, to make room for yourself, to be with uncomfortable emotional experiences in a more accepting way. I help you learn to make sense of your emotions and to untangle your unproductive ways of thinking. So you can gradually restructure and repair your negative self-image and create a more objective and positive view of yourself and the world
I see my role to listen and watch and meet you where you are; to create a safe and confidential environment where you can drop the mask and begin to reveal and heal your true self. I like to empower people to use their inner capacities and full potential. If you are looking for a quick fix to a complex problem or only for a shoulder to cry on, I may not be the right therapist for you. I will challenge your beliefs and encourage you to uncover your own insights. I will be your companion on the journey of revealing your authentic self, of designing and building the life you want to live. It will take work and some time but it is absolutely possible and I’m here to help you make that happen.
MY CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and hold a PhD in Neurosciences.
- I graduated at the University of Strasbourg, France, and specialised in Cognitive Neuropsychology, in Cognitive Behavioural Therapies and in Schema Therapy.
- I am a member of the Professional Association of Psychologist in Germany (Bundesverband Deutscher Psychologinnen und Psychologen)
- My initial clinical experience is with brain-damaged patients (Rehabilitation Centre in Mulhouse) and with patients suffering from various neurological and neurodegenerative diseases (Neurology Department of the University Hospital of Nancy).
- As an expert in psychology and the human nervous system, I have worked for 3 years as a scientific expert and a research project manager in the automotive industry.
- Since moving in Germany in 2013, I work as a psychotherapist in private practice and serve the international community in Frankfurt and expats across the world.
ANOTHER THING ABOUT ME?
I was born and raised in Bulgaria. At the age of 18 I decided to move to France and to study psychology there. Since then, I live abroad and consider myself rather European than belonging to any particular nation or country.
I am a wife and a mum. Motherhood turned out to be one of my major challenges in life and sometimes my perfectionism still gives me hard time.
I truly believe that genuine and long-lasting change is possible with a real commitment, discipline and consistence. Although we all experience pain in life, suffering doesn’t have to be.
I also deeply believe that every one of us has a potential and the capacities that enable us to realise our personal wishes and our lifetime projects, to face up to difficulties and to bounce back with ease from unexpected changes.
My practice arose, above all, from a desire to use my expertise and clinical skills for those looking to progress and make the most of their potential.